Hello my friends. How are you all today? Well, I hope! The last week went very quickly. I hope that you were all getting outside into the fresh air as well as having lots of fun indoors playing and doing some school activities. I’ve added some new links here if you want to hear more stories or keep playing your games. https://padlet.com/faheymairead/5srjmewuml22
Happy Easter to you and your family!
Please don’t forget that when we are playing we are also learning a lot of new things. You may not have all the toys in your house that our Aistear Playroom in school has but you can still create you own play area. Using your imagination you could play at the following things:
- the hairdresser – write out a price list for your customers
- the dentist – make some posters to tell people how to keep their teeth healthy
- a cafe/restaurant – make a colourful menu. Write down the customers’ orders
- the school – you be the teacher and give your family some homework!
- the optician – make an eye chart with letters of the alphabet to test your family’s eyesight
- the bakery – what kind of breads and pastries do you sell? Make some advertising posters and a price list
- a supermarket – encourage your shoppers to make a shopping list and tick off each thing as they find it
The most important thing to remember is to have fun!
Over the next few days you might want to make some Easter cards for family and friends or you might just want to draw some pictures of the Easter bunny to decorate your house. My niece Jessica (6) showed me a really good website that teaches you to draw pictures step by step. She drew these pictures using the website and she said it was really easy. I’ll put the link on my padlet as well.
I hope you have been practising your Bumblebee Breath as you go about your day. You could also try humming a song and ask your parents or brothers and sisters to guess which song it is. The only problem with this is that if you start laughing, it’s really hard to hum. Try it!
Last week we talked about the Mountain pose and the Down Dog. This week we have the Triangle pose. Start with your feet wide apart making a triangle with your legs. Stretch your arms straight out from the sides of your body and turn your toes on one foot to point the same way as your arm. Now stretch over and bring one hand down to your ankle to make more triangles. Repeat on the other side. Don’t forget to breathe!! The Cat pose is another one that I think most of you already know. Kneel down on all fours like a cat (hands under shoulders and knees under hips). Now breathe in and lift up your head as your back arches. Breathe out and make your back round while looking at your belly button. Now start to stretch like a cat to see how it feels. Are you a pet cat or a wild lion or tiger?