Hello Junior Infants,
Well done everybody for working so well this week. We are delighted with all the contributions to Seesaw that we have received so far. It’s great to see that everyone is dipping in and out the activities provided to find what suits your home and your child best.
We’re happy that nearly all the homework resource packs have been collected from the school by now and we’ve seen wonderful photos of children using their playdough, cubes and whiteboard markers to practise making and writing their letters, numbers and names. Keep up the great work!
Please remember if you have any queries about anything feel free to e-mail your child’s teacher or message us on Seesaw. If anybody has been unable to access Seesaw and requires a new access code we can organise that and e-mail one to you.
Ms Leonard and Ms. Flahive.
- We hope you enjoyed practising phonics last week. We will continue this by focusing on one sound every two days.
- Below are some more ideas and videos to support your practise along with the links to the websites we provided last week. Please click on the images to direct you to the websites.
Online Story Suggestion
- Click on the image to bring you to the storyonline.net website.
- Enjoy the story of Harry The Dirty Dog by Gene Zion
- This week you can practise Incey Wincey Spider and Hey Diddle Diddle.
- Practise saying each of these rhymes. Do you know all the words?
- Watch the linked videos to remind you of the rhymes.
- Record a video of you reciting each rhyme and share it with your teacher on Seesaw.
Below are links to some maths activities to support your child’s learning.
Don’t forget –
- Take pictures/videos of what you do and post them on Seesaw so your teacher can see them.
- Read a story or rhyme every day.
- Count forwards and backwards every day.
- Do some colouring or drawing when you can.
- Play every day.
- Boys and girls help to tidy-up
- Wash your hands.