St Gabriel’s N.S. has served the community of Oxmantown Road, Stoneybatter and the surrounding areas since 1895.
Originally a separate boys and girls school, St Gabriel’s amalgamated into one mixed national school in 1996. We have a rich and proud history in the North West inner city of Dublin.
Our aims at St. Gabriel’s N.S., in keeping with our Catholic ethos, are that our pupils develop a positive attitude towards learning, that they develop self-esteem, respect for themselves and others and achieve their full potential in a safe and happy environment.
We cater for boys and girls from Junior Infants to 6th class. St. Gabriel’s N.S. also has a special class which caters for children with a moderate learning disability.
School starts at 8.50am.
Junior and Senior Infants finish school at 1.30pm.
1st to 6th class children finish school at 2.30pm.
Telephone: +353 1 83 84 853
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: St Gabriel’s N.S., Cowper St, Dublin 7
Home School Community Liaison Teacher:
Mike Donnelly: 085 187 11 73 / email@example.com
Some in school activities, events and community initiatives:
- Monday morning assemblies – Gaelgeoir na Seachtaine (Irish speaker of the week)
- Friday assemblies – Pupil of the Week, class performances for parents
- Breakfast Club
- Maths Games (Maths for Fun) with parents
- DEAR (Drop Everything and Read)
- Pupil of the Year, Sports Person of the Year and Attendance Awards
- One World Week
- National Maths Week
- Seachtain na Gaeilge (Irish Week)
- Poetry Week
- Good Friends Week
- Library Time
- Lesson Study in Mathematics
- Incredible Years – Classroom Dina
- Fun Friends
- STAR Awards
- Restorative Justice Practices
- School Completion Programme (SCP)
- Junior Achievement
PLEASE NOTE: All photographs on the school website belong to the school and may not be used elsewhere without permission.